Dear Radio Glendon listeners,
I just bought a house near Glendon and I thought I would give y’all some love. I’m so proud of you and I’m so proud of this city. Make sure you keep making me proud. I’ll show you some places you can show your love.
Here’s just a few things going on in the city:
1. Tomorrow is WE Day. It’s lit and its lighting the world with the youth empowerment! WE Day is a powerful, life-changing event that combines the energy of a live concert with the inspiration of extraordinary stories of leadership and change. I can’t attend but some of the special guests include Lily Singh aka. Superwoman, Zendaya, Maklemore, Hedley, Jason Derulo and many more! Check it out: https://www.we.org/we-day/we-day-events/
2. I got myself a little bit of this Blue Jays Fever! Check out Game 4 TONIGHT! Watch on TBS/SNET and take a look at the game schedule and other Blue Jays info here http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=tor
3. The Toronto After Dark Film Festival is on this week at the Scotiabank Theatre. They’ll be screening horror, action, sci-fi and cult films until Oct 21st so make sure you get your ticket now! Perfect timing for Halloween!
4. The ImagineNATIVE film and media arts festival starts tomorrow at the TIFF Bell Lightbox. ImagineNATIVE is the world’s largest presenter of Indigenous screen content and they’ll be screening until Oct 23rd!
5. And if you’re looking for something to do this Friday, head to the ROM for their ROM Friday Night Live running every Friday until November 25th. Friday Night Live is a jam-packed season full of food, live music, DJs, dancing and gallery exhibits, curated around weekly themes. This weekend’s theme is Fashion!
So there ya go Glendon! If you’re ever looking for things to do, the city’s filled with ’em!